Buchanan Community Schools’ Board of Education is accepting offers for the purchase of property located at 502 Claremont Street, Buchanan Michigan also known as Stark Elementary School. This is a rectangular site that has approximately 35,534 square feet. The building is approximately 22,363 square feet.
Guidelines for responding are listed below:
- Submit all offers to the Superintendent’s office, located at 401 W. Chicago Street Buchanan Michigan either by mail or hand delivery
- Bids must be placed in a sealed envelope and include your contact information and your best offer for this property
- Bids must be received by 1:00 p.m., Thursday, May 6, 2021
- The awardee must present a $10,000 payment of earnest money within 24 hours of being notified of the successful bid
- Bids will be opened Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 5:45pm, the successful bidder will be notified on May 7, 2021
- All bidders may want to check with the City of Buchanan regarding zoning guidelines for proposed use.
Please direct all questions to Al Berget, Director of Operations at 269-695-8400
The Board of Education reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids; to accept the bid that the Board determines, in its sole discretion, is in the best interests of the District; to extend the bid deadline; allow supplemental bids; and, to negotiate with individual bidders